Hear from members Jennie Coe, Mary Fox and Mary-John Thornton; send us team bragging rights; banners are cool way to send a message; 50th Anniversary on 8/12/17; and lots of pictures!
- Calendar-These are just highlights, check out ALL our events in the Newsletter
- 50th Anniversary Party at Sally Walker’s home.
- Beer and Pizza Friday Night Membership meeting
- Summer Social
- 2017 Handbook available at HTC
- Summer Day League information
- Spring Tournament–LOTS of Pictures
So much happening so check the newsletter out at the link below.
Here are your first match times. If you are playing Doubles, please make certain your partner(s) is aware of your first match time(s) as well. At your first match you’ll need to check-in at the tournament desk at least 15 minutes prior to your match time. You’ll collect your players gift, and pay any fees that are due at that time, as well as get your court assignment.
If you have any questions, please contact Tournament Director Sue Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> , or 205.837.9333. We’re looking forward to a great event!
HWTA Ladies –
* Pizza! Donato’s pizza will be providing pizza Thursday & Friday night and Saturday too, so come have a slice (or two or three!). All of the proceeds will go to Meals on Wheels.
* Massages! What would a great tournament be without a great massage! Athena Little of Equilibria Therapeutic Massage will be offering 15-minute massages in meeting room upstairs for $15.Choose between a chair massage on your back, neck, shoulders and arms, or an Extremities Massage on your hands and feet. Come early and soak your feet before your massage. Be sure and text or call Athena at 256-258-9314 to get on the list, or stop by any time during the tournament. 50% of the proceeds will go to Meals on Wheels.
* Saturday is “Wear Your Whites Day” just like the players at Wimbledon.
* Meals on Wheels Donations – The list of suggested donations is posted. Look for the special place for your donations. Let’s make it overflow!
* Some of our wonderful HWTA ladies are also providing snacks during the tournament.
Birthday, get well, etc., cards
Dental floss and Dental picks
Hotel size lotion, shampoo and soap
Small bottle hand sanitizer
Small Kleenex packs
Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
Contact Sue Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org –OR– text at 205-837-9333. She needs to know which division(s) and your shirt size.
Non-Players can order one of the great 50th Anniversary dri-fit shirts. Call or text Sue.
This is going to be a fun event for all participants. See you on the courts!
Player gift is a 50th Anniversary Dri-Fit Shirt. The deadline to register is March 30th. Check out the details: 2017_Spring_Tournament_Form
Check out how you can help by reading this from Sue Gibson: HWTA_2017_March-Charity
The Wednesday, Feb 1, 2017 Huntsville Times, SPORTS WORLD page had a big article about the Australian Open and What We Learned. The article went on to write about Federer and Serena.
Well HWTA also has exciting news to be announced! The Huntsville Women’s Tennis Association has been chosen by the USTA Alabama Awards Committee to receive the “2017 Community Organization of the Year”. The letter notifying us stated – Congratulations on this prestigious award.
Ladies, this award is presented to a member organization to recognize outstanding service to the local community, to the organizational members, and to the game of tennis. The presentation of this award will be held Saturday – Feb 18, 2017 in Birmingham and attendance is limited to 5 from our organization.
HWTA’s success over the years is because of all the HWTA Champions – without you this award would not have been possible. It’s amazing how back in 1967 this association started with 15 members and is now celebrating 50 years and membership is greater than 300. HWTA has built its reputation as a caring association which promotes tennis for everyone.
HWTA is all about its members and doing what we can to offer fun events and opportunities for all the Tennis Sisters to get involved. When HWTA steps up to host events, we go all out and produce high quality events!
Sign Up Time!
What fun times ladies have playing on Wednesday mornings. If you like playing tennis and having a good time, then Day League is for you. Ladies of every level are welcome.
Hurry up and get your name on the list to play as a regular or on the sub list because courts are limited. Spring League will run March 22nd through May 10th at HTC on the clay courts.
How to sign up: contact Laurie “Ann” Creager,
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 256-919-5389
(Note: text will work best during the daytime hours)
I’m already signed up! I sent my request to play as soon as I read the article in the January HWTA newsletter. Will you be signing up today?
For more information about Day League, see the webpage for HWTA Wednesday Day League.