Save the date!!
The HWTA Membership Social 11:00am – 1:00pm
February 19, 2018,
At the home of Katherine Russell
Hosted By Shannon Orr and Ann Creager
Please make an effort to attend this super fun event!
372 Nature’s Way SW
Huntsville, AL 35824
See you soon,
HWTA, 2018 President
Don’t delay: 3 actions to do now:
- Sign up for the Holiday Lunch, as we say good-bye to the current board and welcome the new ladies. Be sure to include your 2018 membership dues. Event date is Dec 5th. See note below about bring a friend/Pay it Forward. Registration forms are on the HWTA table at HTC: fill out, include your money and leave in the box–or if you want to mail it, see flyer link below.
- Who has the Basket Spirit? Get creative–sign up to enter the basket contest. This can be from your whole team, maybe just a few of you, or just from you!!! As Cindy Gattis always says, the more the merrier!! We love the basket drawing!!
- Start planning ahead to bring a unwrapped present for Toys For Tots. If we all bring one we will in fact be helping to bring out those smiles to many kids in our community. We have big hearts and on Dec 5th it will be showing!
Don’t delay in getting your reservation to attend. Remember only the first 200 will be taken. Deadline is Nov 20th.
If you have a friend you want to see get involved with HWTA why not consider Pay it Forward and send in a form to bring her with you to this final 50th year HWTA celebration.
Kim McCandless, HWTA, President
Here is the link for the form to make reservations for the December 5th HWTA luncheon.
Check out the newsletter:
*Attend HWTA’s biggest event, the Annual Holiday luncheon, for wonderful food and fellowship. This will be a culmination of HWTA’s 50th Anniversary celebration and Kim McCandless’ special reign as HWTA President. The reservation form is part of this newsletter but see the separate blog with a link to the form.
*Awards Time: Vote for Sportsmanship and Most Improved by November 5th. Nominees are listed, with voting instructions.
*Current President Kim will turn over reigns soon to future President Christy Russell and who else. . . ? Read the newsletter for more details.
*Meals on Wheels benefitted from the Fall Tournament. See how we outdid ourselves.
*Meet tennis player Francesca Lee.
*Do you have Bragging Rights? If you won at state, sectionals or nationals, please give us team information and pictures to post on the website.
*See the results from the Fall Tournament—results and pictures. There is also a list of donations made, so read who helped make the Tournament Raffle so successful and thank them when you see them.
Enjoy competing in Women’s doubles and/or Mixed October 12-15th in the Roselyn Donnelly Memorial Tennis Tournament as HWTA raises money for Meals on Wheels.
Can’t play? Support our charity by going by to watch some great tennis, where you can buy raffle tickets or gently used tennis clothes and drop off donated items for Meals on Wheels. See the September newsletter for suggested donations.
HWTA Fall Tournament 2017 Entry Info
HWTA September 2017 Newsletter
Find out about: The General Membership Meeting;
2018 Officer nominees and search for a photographer;
Annual Award nomination request;
Fall Tournament-Charity Fund Raiser for Meals on Wheels (wish list, raffle donations, etc.);
Photos and details from 50th Anniversary Party at ACA;
More: Banner fund raisers, annual tennis clothes sale, Wednesday league: Fall info plus summer pics, Want to Brag? request, and more!
Click newsletter link.
Hear from members Jennie Coe, Mary Fox and Mary-John Thornton; send us team bragging rights; banners are cool way to send a message; 50th Anniversary on 8/12/17; and lots of pictures!
- Calendar-These are just highlights, check out ALL our events in the Newsletter
- 50th Anniversary Party at Sally Walker’s home.
- Beer and Pizza Friday Night Membership meeting
- Summer Social
- 2017 Handbook available at HTC
- Summer Day League information
- Spring Tournament–LOTS of Pictures
So much happening so check the newsletter out at the link below.
Here are your first match times. If you are playing Doubles, please make certain your partner(s) is aware of your first match time(s) as well. At your first match you’ll need to check-in at the tournament desk at least 15 minutes prior to your match time. You’ll collect your players gift, and pay any fees that are due at that time, as well as get your court assignment.
If you have any questions, please contact Tournament Director Sue Gibson at email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> , or 205.837.9333. We’re looking forward to a great event!
HWTA First Match Times Spring 2017
HWTA Ladies –
* Pizza! Donato’s pizza will be providing pizza Thursday & Friday night and Saturday too, so come have a slice (or two or three!). All of the proceeds will go to Meals on Wheels.
* Massages! What would a great tournament be without a great massage! Athena Little of Equilibria Therapeutic Massage will be offering 15-minute massages in meeting room upstairs for $15.Choose between a chair massage on your back, neck, shoulders and arms, or an Extremities Massage on your hands and feet. Come early and soak your feet before your massage. Be sure and text or call Athena at 256-258-9314 to get on the list, or stop by any time during the tournament. 50% of the proceeds will go to Meals on Wheels.
* Saturday is “Wear Your Whites Day” just like the players at Wimbledon.
* Meals on Wheels Donations – The list of suggested donations is posted. Look for the special place for your donations. Let’s make it overflow!
* Some of our wonderful HWTA ladies are also providing snacks during the tournament.