Enjoy competing in Women’s doubles and/or Mixed October 12-15th in the Roselyn Donnelly Memorial Tennis Tournament as HWTA raises money for Meals on Wheels.
Can’t play? Support our charity by going by to watch some great tennis, where you can buy raffle tickets or gently used tennis clothes and drop off donated items for Meals on Wheels. See the September newsletter for suggested donations.
HWTA Fall Tournament 2017 Entry Info
HWTA September 2017 Newsletter
Find out about: The General Membership Meeting;
2018 Officer nominees and search for a photographer;
Annual Award nomination request;
Fall Tournament-Charity Fund Raiser for Meals on Wheels (wish list, raffle donations, etc.);
Photos and details from 50th Anniversary Party at ACA;
More: Banner fund raisers, annual tennis clothes sale, Wednesday league: Fall info plus summer pics, Want to Brag? request, and more!
Click newsletter link.
Hear from members Jennie Coe, Mary Fox and Mary-John Thornton; send us team bragging rights; banners are cool way to send a message; 50th Anniversary on 8/12/17; and lots of pictures!
- Calendar-These are just highlights, check out ALL our events in the Newsletter
- 50th Anniversary Party at Sally Walker’s home.
- Beer and Pizza Friday Night Membership meeting
- Summer Social
- 2017 Handbook available at HTC
- Summer Day League information
- Spring Tournament–LOTS of Pictures
So much happening so check the newsletter out at the link below.
Here are your first match times. If you are playing Doubles, please make certain your partner(s) is aware of your first match time(s) as well. At your first match you’ll need to check-in at the tournament desk at least 15 minutes prior to your match time. You’ll collect your players gift, and pay any fees that are due at that time, as well as get your court assignment.
If you have any questions, please contact Tournament Director Sue Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> , or 205.837.9333. We’re looking forward to a great event!
HWTA First Match Times Spring 2017
HWTA Ladies –
* Pizza! Donato’s pizza will be providing pizza Thursday & Friday night and Saturday too, so come have a slice (or two or three!). All of the proceeds will go to Meals on Wheels.
* Massages! What would a great tournament be without a great massage! Athena Little of Equilibria Therapeutic Massage will be offering 15-minute massages in meeting room upstairs for $15.Choose between a chair massage on your back, neck, shoulders and arms, or an Extremities Massage on your hands and feet. Come early and soak your feet before your massage. Be sure and text or call Athena at 256-258-9314 to get on the list, or stop by any time during the tournament. 50% of the proceeds will go to Meals on Wheels.
* Saturday is “Wear Your Whites Day” just like the players at Wimbledon.
* Meals on Wheels Donations – The list of suggested donations is posted. Look for the special place for your donations. Let’s make it overflow!
* Some of our wonderful HWTA ladies are also providing snacks during the tournament.
Birthday, get well, etc., cards
Dental floss and Dental picks
Hotel size lotion, shampoo and soap
Small bottle hand sanitizer
Small Kleenex packs
Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
Contact Sue Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org –OR– text at 205-837-9333. She needs to know which division(s) and your shirt size.
Non-Players can order one of the great 50th Anniversary dri-fit shirts. Call or text Sue.
This is going to be a fun event for all participants. See you on the courts!
Player gift is a 50th Anniversary Dri-Fit Shirt. The deadline to register is March 30th. Check out the details: 2017_Spring_Tournament_Form
Check out how you can help by reading this from Sue Gibson: HWTA_2017_March-Charity