HWTA Ladies –
* Pizza! Donato’s pizza will be providing pizza Thursday & Friday night and Saturday too, so come have a slice (or two or three!). All of the proceeds will go to Meals on Wheels.
* Massages! What would a great tournament be without a great massage! Athena Little of Equilibria Therapeutic Massage will be offering 15-minute massages in meeting room upstairs for $15.Choose between a chair massage on your back, neck, shoulders and arms, or an Extremities Massage on your hands and feet. Come early and soak your feet before your massage. Be sure and text or call Athena at 256-258-9314 to get on the list, or stop by any time during the tournament. 50% of the proceeds will go to Meals on Wheels.
* Saturday is “Wear Your Whites Day” just like the players at Wimbledon.
* Meals on Wheels Donations – The list of suggested donations is posted. Look for the special place for your donations. Let’s make it overflow!
* Some of our wonderful HWTA ladies are also providing snacks during the tournament.
Birthday, get well, etc., cards
Dental floss and Dental picks
Hotel size lotion, shampoo and soap
Small bottle hand sanitizer
Small Kleenex packs
Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
Check out how you can help by reading this from Sue Gibson: HWTA_2017_March-Charity
Who likes to be creative? HWTA is looking for someone or a small group that would like to use your creative talents to create something for our 2017 Charity “Meals on Wheels”.
The last two years we have had our “Hope Place House” that we would use during our Tournaments and at the Christmas Luncheon. So now we’re looking to see if we can get volunteers to create something for “Meals On Wheels” that we can use during the 2017 Spring and Fall Tournaments for the items we will be collecting to support our charity.
Would you like to volunteer for this HWTA project? When you take part in supporting HWTA the rewards are endless. So please consider connecting with HWTA and doing something that’s fun at the same time. Let me know if you, or you and a few of your friends, want to volunteer or need additional information by emailing email@example.com or call Kim at 256-651-2328.
We’re very excited about our upcoming Spring 2016 Tournament. Our event this year will be held at HTC April 14-17. This year’s event is going to be bigger and better. Everyone who enters will get a terrific players gift. First Place and Consolation Winners in each division will receive an award. The entry fee is $25 per person per event, with a limit of two divisions per player, and you must be an HWTA member to play ($15 annual membership fee). There is a limit of 16 entries in each draw, so enter soon!
2016 HWTA Spring Tournament Entry form pdf
We will also have a box to collect donations for RiahRose Home for Children, our chosen charity for this year. Please take a minute to look at their needs list, as they appreciate everything they receive.
2016 HWTA Charity-RiahRose Home For Children
If you have any questions please contact Sue Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 205-837-9333.